Following our last update on COVID impacts on cargo into and out of Hong Kong, the COVID outbreak in Shenzhen continues to worsen. Reduced labor availability and tighter travel restrictions are impacting port and trucking operations.
- Shekou Area: 80% closed now, lifting and returning container operations are stopped. Long queues are forming outside the terminal.
- Yantian Area: Terminal operation is normal.
- The number of available drivers is down and those who are working are experiencing additional difficulties.
- There have been technical glitches with the QR code app that reflects drivers’ COVID status. Many drivers have negative 24-hour nucleic acid results, but their QR codes show positive for unknown reasons.
- Road closure regulations in various provinces and cities are not uniform. Some vehicles are not able to reach factories due to road closures in certain sections.
What are Your Options?
- For FCL, you may consider POL as Nansha, Huangpu
- For LCL, Dimerco has a warehouse in Nansha port to provide consolidation services